Spring has sprung and that means it’s time for some spring cleaning! If you’re like me your closet is a sore subject. Well not anymore! Morgan Ovens, Haven founder walked me through a closet cleanse that has completely changed my morning routine.
Getting dressed is enjoyable. No more drama or negative feelings because one, I can actually see what’s in my closet and two, I only have items that make me feel the way I want to feel, like a Rock n’ Roll Spiritual Goddess!
Here are the steps we took:
- Identify 3 words to describe your ideal style.
- Discard clothes that don’t fit your style description unless you LOVE them in which case keep ‘em!
- Discard clothes that don’t fit properly or don’t make you feel good.
- Remove shoes from boxes so that you can see them.
- Organize clothes by type and color.
- Put items that are for certain times of year or specific activities together away from your day to day wardrobe. You can use a garment bag to separate them out.
This process took a couple of hours and produced 5 huge bags that I donated to friends and Goodwill. I’ve had zero remorse and it feels so good to see my BFFs enjoying items that no longer serve me. BONUS.
Watch the episode now and witness my closet transformation.
Still unmotivated to get your spring clean on? Discover the numerous benefits of organizing your space on Ep 46: Create a Home Sanctuary. Improved self-confidence and saving time are just a few.
Big Love, B xo
P.S. Share this post with a friend that could use a closet cleanse. You can swap your unwanted goodies and end up some new free favorites. Score!